INSTANCES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
How we use your information.
1) We do not collect information about you when you visit, contact or interact with the Service. Following are examples of ways in which you may visit, contact or interact with us via the Service:
- To browse through our site to be notified of the best dupes, and cheaper alternatives from your favourite brands.
- To sign up to our newsletters to be notified of updates, latests posts, giveaways, competitions, for a chance to win a gift monthly, and all round, to stay in the loop of TheBestDupes news.
2) We may automatically collect other information about you, including:
- Your first name
- Your email
- Your suggestions about what dupes you will like to see next
- Your opinion on how best our site can serve you
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it (for example, engaging in a transaction such as a purchase);
- In connection with a visit to your residence or other place in person or via videoconference (for example, video conference recordings and digital photographs);
- To provide or to facilitate providing you with products and services;
- To provide the Service to you, including any notifications or updates relating to the Service;
- To create. use or make changes (for example, corrections, updates, or deletions) to your registered account with us;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments (for example, regarding support or other requests);
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To improve the Service or to develop new products and services;
- To identify you as a user of the Service;
- To allow you to participate in surveys;
- To contact you with information, including marketing and advertising information, that we believe will be of interest to you, either by us or a third party;
- To customize our marketing and advertising;
- For testing, research, analysis and product and service development that we or a third party may perform regarding the Service (for example, user base and Service usage);
- Anonymous data or de-identified data, which we or a third party may create and which we or a third party may use for any purpose;
- Aggregate data, which we or a third party may compile and which we or a third party may use for any purpose;
- To analyze how you use the Service and to analyze the Service, which we or a third party may do;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Service;
- To send push notifications through the App;
- To call you via telephone and send you electronic communications (for example, emails and text messages);
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Service; and
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share, sell or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it may be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
3. Aggregate, Anonymous and De-Identified Data. We may share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified data relating to and users of the Service with any third party for any purpose.
4. At Your Request. We may share your information with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES; DO NOT TRACK
1. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device.
- Persistent cookies remain on the user’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a user’s online session and disappear from the user’s computer when they close the browser software.
2. Web Beacons. Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, use the App, or open an email we send to you) may be used either by us or a third party.
3. Flash Cookies or Local Shared Objects. We may use flash cookies or Local Shared Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software).
4. Persistent Device Identifiers. Persistent device identifiers are unique strings that are associated with the mobile device that you use to connect to the App. Persistent device identifiers may be modified or disabled by sophisticated users.
5. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Service.
6. Below are links to resources regarding different types of online tracking: For Apple App Analytics, please see https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/ and https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/terms/site.htmland https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/terms/site.html
7. Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet service
While we take reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, electronic communication or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Internet, electronic communications or mobile application transmissions, including those sent through the Service, may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your registered account and your information, including by doing the following
- Reviewing your registered account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device;
- Using complex passwords, not using the same password on more than one website and not sharing your password with others; and
- Signing out or logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to these websites, mobile applications, content or videos. We neither can control nor are responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites, mobile applications, content or videos. We suggest reviewing the privacy policies of these websites, mobile applications, content or videos.
We may also earn a small commission if you purchase items from some of our links at no additional cost to you. This helps to support our business and TheBestDupes team.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Service.
1. Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by contacting us at [email protected].
2. Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at [email protected].
4. Push Notifications. You may at any time request opt out from further allowing us to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
5. Google Analytics for Firebase. You may at any time request opt out from Google Analytics for Firebase features that we use by contacting us at [email protected]..
6. Geographic Location. You may choose not to provide your geographic location to us in connection with your use of an App by declining any prompt requesting geographic location information, and by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of geographic location information.
7. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
HOW TO CONTACT US